samedi 19 novembre 2016

Salamanders Drop Pod

Finally back. And with a lot of good news and pictures. Let's start with a piece that was very nice to paint but not necessarily easy to assemble: a drop pod for my Salamanders army. I made the decision to paint each piece separately and all with the airbrush, which greatly facilitates the work for such imposing models. I was also able to put into practice the masking work, which also caused me some problems. Indeed, the first step was to create the flames on the sides. After a good coat of gloss varnish, I applied masking tape on the whole to be able to paint the rest green. And when came the time of taking the tape off, everything went well except for one of the sides that was completely peeled off... Rather than doing all the work again, I just repainted the black side and applied decals to cut a bit with the monotony of the monochrome side (photos 3 and 4).

Another problem with this miniature: assembling it. The problem of painting everything separately is that with the different layers of paint and the varnish to protect the miniature, the pieces have had a little trouble fitting together, Despite the magnetization of the doors (photo 5), two have trouble to close completely. But hey, we're not going to dramatize, I'm pretty happy with the final result:








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire